University of Hawaii Graduate Scholarships 2023-24| The University of Hawaii was founded in 1907, and it is located in Hawaii, United States of America. There are more than 3,000 students enrolled at this Public Research Institution, which is an institution of higher learning. This university is one of the oldest in the USA and has a good ranking all over the world.
University of Hawaii Graduate Scholarships 2023-24
In addition to providing masters and doctoral scholarships to graduate students from Asia, the Pacific, and the United States, the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship enables them to participate in programs at the East-West Center that foster educational, cultural, residential community building, and leadership development, while pursuing graduate studies at the University of Hawai‘i at Mānoa (UHM).
Holland Government Scholarships 2023-2024 (Funded) | Apply Now
It is not simply about receiving a financial aid scholarship from UHM in order to study for a degree at UHM through the East-West Center fellowship program. East-West Center graduate student fellows live together and interact with one another in a variety of intellectual and social activities as part of its mission to build a sense of Asia-Pacific community and prepare for future leadership roles at the East-West Center.
Immediately, they are able to identify themselves as an identifiable group committed to the idea of building a community of Asian countries and peoples in the region. Through team-building activities, leadership development projects and internships, learning about the Asia Pacific region, cultural exchange, educational enrichment gatherings, community service and service learning projects, and service learning projects, EWC graduate degree fellows establish friendships and lifelong ties to a network of individuals committed to positive change in the Asia Pacific region.
The graduate degree fellowship covers the cost of general tuition and fees for UHM graduate programs, books, housing in an East-West Center dormitory, and partial funding toward meals, health insurance, and incidental expenses. Funding for field studies and conference presentations is offered on a competitive basis during the fellow’s period of study.
Individuals who are citizens or permanent residents of the countries listed below may apply for the East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowship:
- United States
- Pacific Region: American Samoa, Australia, Cook Islands, Federated States of Micronesia, Fiji, French Polynesia, Guam, Kiribati, Marshall Islands, Nauru, New Caledonia, New Zealand, Niue, Northern Marianas, Palau, Papua New Guinea, Samoa, Solomon Islands, Tokelau, Tonga, Tuvalu, Vanuatu, Wallis & Futuna Islands
- Southeast Asia: Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor-Leste, Vietnam
- South Asia: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, India, Iran, Maldives, Nepal, Pakistan, Sri Lanka
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Japan, Macau, Mongolia, North Korea, South Korea, Russia, Taiwa
NIG Summer Internship in Japan 2023 (Funded) |Apply Now
Criteria for eligibility
University of Hawaii Graduate Fellowship 2023 applicants need to meet the following criteria in order to be considered for the fellowship.
- Applicants must be nationals of one of these countries.
- Master’s or PhD degree required.
- A bachelor’s degree or its equivalent is required.
- At least two years of full-time professional experience.
- Ability to speak and write English.
- It is best to group 35 years old. The age limit may be 45 years for programs that are appropriate for senior officials and managers, .
- The applicant should be in good health.h.
- You have to return to your home country after completing degree.
HOW TO APPLY
East-West Center Graduate Degree Fellowships support graduate study at the University of Hawai‘i (UH) in fields relevant to the goals and objectives of the East-West Center (EWC).
CERN Summer Student Program 2023 (Fully Funded) Switzerland | Apply Now
Fellowships are awarded annually in an international competition. Applications for the academic year 2022-2023 competition will open in early August and close on December 1.
If you are not already enrolled as a classified graduate student at UH Mānoa, you must apply to the university for the following fall semester by December 1. The University of Hawai‘i launches their online application system (https://manoa.hawaii.edu/graduate/) on August 1 each year for admissions the following year. To ensure timely processing of your EWC application, supporting documents for both your UH admissions office and department applications must be completed by January 10, regardless of whether the UH departmental deadline falls after that date.
Application Forms and Instructions
- Application Handbook (interactive website)
- Application Checklist (pdf)
- Diagram of the Application Process for EWC and UH (jpg)
- Academic Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
- Civic Engagement Letter of Reference Form & Instructions (form-fillable PDF)
- Apply Now
Prospective applicants are strongly encouraged to first review the Application Handbook and Frequently Asked Questions page before applying.
2nd December 2022 is the last day to apply for the Graduate Degree Fellowship 2023 in the United States. Don’t wait until the last minute.
If you are unable to access these application materials, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for further assistance.